Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
"Weaponized bees. What could go wrong?"
|× 1 × 4 × 1|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
To lay a Bee Mine, the player must place it on the ground with the right mouse button (the left mouse button will simply drop the mine). Once placed, the mine will arm in about a second with an animation showing bee stingers jutting out of the device's holes. If spawned via Console, the Bee Mine will be armed. If a player has mines in a Cave and dies, the mines will disarm themselves and must be set again.
When a creature comes near enough to the Bee Mine, it explodes, spawning four regular Bees who are aggressive to whomever/whatever triggered the mine. Bees from a triggered mine will not target the player, since they conform to regular Bee behavior. That being the case, they will fall asleep if released at night or in Caves once they aren't aggressive anymore.
Placed Bee Mines can be hammered, but smashing a Bee Mine with a Hammer serves no real purpose other than unleashing a swarm of angry bees on the player.
If the Bees from the Mine are attacked by their target, other Bees from either Bee Boxes or Bee Hives will come to help. Once the target is dead, the Bees will remain and can be caught with a Bug Net to make another mine. Catching them counts as aggression, and if there were others nearby assisting against the bomb target, those will attack the player, too.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bee Mine was added in the The Birds and the Bees & Dogs That Want to Kill You update.
- In the old science research system, its research cost was 100.
- Sometimes two Bee Mines will spawn next to a Skeleton as a Set Piece. These can be safely picked up.
- The Bee Mine might be a pun on the phrase "Be mine."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the Bee Mine will simply disappear when placed.
- Multiple Bee Mines can cause render lag as they are constantly pulsating.
- Sometimes, the mine can trigger while in a Chest, Backpack, or even the inventory without being placed.