|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Be one with the herd! Smell included."
|× 8 × 1|
|Delays freezing during Winter|
Prevents Beefalo from attacking during mating season
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
Wearing it prevents Beefalo from attacking the player during their mating season. However, they will still attack if the player strikes first. If the parent of a Baby Beefalo is killed, and the player is wearing a Beefalo Hat, the baby may start to follow the player, provided the player does not already have a follower.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When around Beefalo during mating season and especially when shaving them at night, wear this hat to keep from being attacked.
- Take off the hat when next to a fire (or replace it with a sanity-boosting hat) as the item's durability will go down with it on, and the fire alone is enough to keep the character warm.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item used to increase the player's Sanity per minute by an unknown amount.
- The previous description was a reference to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: when Han Solo cuts open a tauntaun to keep Luke Skywalker warm, he says, "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!".
- Despite having two horns on it, the hat only takes one Beefalo Horn to craft.
Gallery[edit | edit source]