As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Don't Starve Wiki:Bots
This is a policy page for Don't Starve Wiki.
See also: Help:User access levels
A bot is a piece of software that makes automated edits on a community and also helps human users to make semi-automated edits. Bots are given various rights to complete repetitive tasks:
- Be treated as an automated process (bot)
- Create and add items to a Top 10 list page (toplists-create-item)
- Create and edit Top 10 list pages (toplists-create-edit-list)
- Edit semi-protected pages (autoconfirmed)
- Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled (autopatrol)
- Not be affected by rate limits (noratelimit)
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages (suppressredirect)
- Not have minor edits to discussion pages trigger the new messages prompt (nominornewtalk)
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA (skipcaptcha)
- Use higher limits in API queries (apihighlimits)
- Use of the write API (writeapi)
- welcomeexempt (welcomeexempt)
As bots can make many edits during their run, their edits can overwhelm the recent changes list, making it difficult to see and respond to edits by human users. For this reason, bots that have been tested and approved by a community can be given a bot flag.
To receive a bot flag, please make request on request for user rights.
Bots on Wiki must use a limited editing rate so that they don't overload Wiki's servers. For most bot programs, a rate throttle is built in, so you don't need to worry about this. However, if you find your bot making more than one edit per second, then it's time to slow it down.
A bot account's User Profile and Talk Page should:
- Clearly identify the account as a bot
- Link to its owner's user talk page for questions
- Encourage users to have the bot blocked by an admin if its automated edits are causing damage to the community — the block can be lifted after the causes for the damaging edits are understood and fixed.
Who are this wiki's bots?
For a updated list of bots generated by system, see Special:ListUsers/bot
|Anemobot||Inactive||owned by Anemicne|
|Mentalbot||Active||owned by Mentalistpro|