|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
Don't Starve Wiki:Request for user rights
This is a policy page for Don't Starve Wiki.
This page provides the guideline that users need in order to request for user rights.
There are 5 types of user rights available for request at the moment:
You can nominate a Don't Starve Wiki user or yourself by expanding the following section. Administrators will review your request, community members will also comment on your request. Please fill in your username in the form and click submit button. Then, fill out the information on the resulting page, and save the page.
In some occasions, administrators will nominate and promote users on their discretion. This is usually performed when the wiki needs more people to deal with daily issues and tasks, for example, when several admins or custodians being inactive, high frequency of vandalism, wiki expansion and etc.
How to be a suitable candidate[edit | edit source]
These criteria are not compulsory, they merely act as a guideline for administrators to promote users. Administrators can act on their discretion by case to case. To understand the role you are applying for, please check out the project page of the role.
- Good amount of constructive edits.
- Never commit vandalism.
- Promote healthy discussion in Forum or in comment section.
- Always fight against vandalism.
- Always active in the wiki.
Meanwhile, there are expectations on you once you are granted user rights.
- Exercise care in using your given user rights.
- Lead by example and to behave in a respectful, civil manner in their interactions with others
- Understand Rules, Manual of Style and other wiki policy at an adequate level.
- Accountable to your own actions involving administration tools.
- Never share your password with anybody to ensure security and integrity of Don't Stare Wiki.
No active bureaucrats or admins[edit | edit source]
If there are no active bureaucrats or admins, please create a blog named "Request for <types of user rights>" to generate community discussion. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wiki Staff can provide the rights.