Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
"Something to soothe the nerves."
|Restores sanity over time|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Garland is a wearable Dress item for the head slot. It requires 12 Petals to craft. It is easy to make and can help maintain Sanity early on, as it is available to craft from the beginning of the game.
It restores 1.33 Sanity/min while worn.
The Garland spoils over time, like Food, spoiling 25% slower in Winter. When it is completely spoiled, it disappears without leaving any Rot. Its Sanity restoration stays constant over time despite the spoilage level of the Garland, meaning it does not need to be replaced until completely worn out.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In all the DLCs and Don't Starve Together, wearing a wet Garland is actually more damaging to Sanity than it is helpful. In the base game this is not an issue since items do not get wet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Garland was added in the Insanity! update.
- The Garland was a fan suggestion.
- Garlands used to be edible in the older versions of Don't Starve.
- Quote by woodie most likely reference to the “lumberjack song” of the tv series Monty python.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Friendly Pig wearing a Garland.