|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
|Drops when startled.|
Grass Gekkos are passive Mobs in Don't Starve Together. They are sometimes found in Rockyland/Mosaic/Desert Biomes and act as an alternative source of Cut Grass. When killed, Gekkos drop 0-2 Cut Grass (0.75 chance each Cut Grass) and 1 Leafy Meat. Grass Gekkos have a chance of spawning from planted Grass Tufts.
Grass Gekkos have a 1% chance to spawn from picking or digging up a Grass Tuft. This can only happen if there are no Grass Gekkos in a distance of 20 units (5 tiles) around and after plant Grass Tuft 25 days (happen maximum 1 time per 5 days).
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Grass Gekkos spend their time slowly wandering around and sleeping in the sun. When approached, the Gekkos will jump up in alarm and dash away, leaving their "tail". This tail is actually a piece of Cut Grass. The Gekko will regrow the tail two full days after dropping it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many real life lizards shed their tail when attacked by a predator. The lizard then slowly regrows it.
- Grass Gekkos, when sleeping, will rest with their legs pointed behind them, just like real life lizards, such as iguanas, do when relaxed.
- Grass Gekkos used to be able to get Diseased and would die within two days after getting contaminated. In A New Reign however, this feature has been removed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If a player corners a Gekko and attacks it, it will sometimes run over the world border onto the Ocean.
- Sometimes Grass Gekko won't wake up when player approach it, restart server will solve this bug.