|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
can morph forms
can become a mobile light source.
Damages mobs that attack him.
Hutch is a following companion exclusive to the Caves of Don't Starve Together. He functions similarly to Chester and has almost identical stats, including a life regeneration of 22.5 Health every 3 seconds, designed to regenerate its full life in a minute (2 segments).
Similar to Chester, and Packim Baggims, Hutch can transform depending on his current inventory. Unlike other portable inventory followers, Hutch does not consume the materials on transformation. He will also emit light if one or more Light Bulbs or Glow Berries are stored within him. These Light Bulbs will not be consumed and will spoil at their normal rate. Similar to Chester and the Eye Bone, he is summoned with and will follow Star-Sky.
Fugu Hutch[edit | edit source]
Fugu Hutch is a special version of Hutch. If a Light Bulb/Glow Berry and a Spear/Battle Spear are stored in it, Hutch will turn into Fugu Hutch. In this state, anything that attacks Hutch receives 30 damage. Hutch will remain in this form until the spear loses all durability or is removed.
Music Box Hutch[edit | edit source]
Music Box Hutch is a special version of Hutch. By placing a Light Bulb/Glow Berry and a One-man Band in his inventory, he will transform into Music Box Hutch, who provides a positive Sanity aura until the One-man Band's durability is used up.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hutch and Star-Sky, the item used to summon him, are possible references to the television series Starsky and Hutch.
- A hutch is also type of shelving unit.
- According to Wilson, Hutch's full name is "Hutch Danglefish, P.I."
- P.I. usually stands for "Private Investigator". However, the Devs joked on live stream that it could mean "Portable Inventory".
- With his fins, teeth, and glowing protrusion, Hutch appears to be based on the deep sea anglerfish.
- Fugu is Japanese for pufferfish.
- Music Box Hutch's design is based on the blue tang, also known as a palette surgeonfish.