"Saves plants, puts out fires, fueled by flame."
|× 2 × 15 × 2|
Revives withering plants
The Ice Flingomatic can be turned on and off by the player. (Note, in Don't Starve Together, it cannot be completely turned off, and will instead have an overdrive function.) When turned on, the Ice Flingomatic will automatically launch snowballs to extinguish any smoldering objects or Fires, within its range. This also includes Campfires, Fire Pits, Night Lights, and Endothermic Fires. It will not target players holding Torches (or Willow's Lighter).
The Ice Flingomatic has a limited fuel tank, indicated by a red gauge on the front of the unit. A full tank will last 5 days, and can be refueled with any fuel substances, such as Logs or Rot, as well as Nitre. As long as the Ice Flingomatic is turned on, it will consume fuel over time. Extinguishing fires and reviving withered plants does not consume additional fuel.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since structures can catch on fire during Summer, a Flingomatic can safeguard one's most important structures (e.g. Chests). However careful planning is required so that the Fire Pits and Endothermic Fire Pits are not inside the Flingomatic's area.
- The Ice Flingomatic can lob snowballs over all types of Walls.
- Activating the Ice Flingomatic before leaving the area in the Summer will prevent fires from starting or spreading upon return.
- When placing Plants around a base, one should position them so that an Ice Flingomatic can function as a sprinkler during the Summer, maintaining them as renewable resources and protecting them from spontaneous combustion.
- Despite the high cost of construction and operation, the machine cannot put out extensive fires by itself, requiring more than one.
- Having a pre-built Flingomatic in a player's Science tab will allow a player to measure the range of an already placed Flingomatic at any time. This can be done by selecting it from the Science tab and hovering over the placed Flingomatic. When finished, right-clicking will cancel the placement of the new one.
- The Ice Flingomatic can fail to stop crops withering during Summer if they are planted in quick succession. The problem can be avoided by waiting for the Ice Flingomatic's animation to complete between each Seed when planting multiple Seeds.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes when plants such as Berry Bushes are placed too close to the Ocean, the snowballs launched by the machine won't be able to land.
- Sometimes when harvesting a plant, the Ice Flingomatic will continuously fire snowballs at it indefinitely.
- This may also result in a column of snowballs traveling through the world in a straight direction.
- Sometimes the Ice Flingomatic stops throwing snowballs at withered plants. Relogging usually fixes this issue.
- May auto target Limpet Rocks and never target anything else.
- Thrown snowballs can sometimes get stuck in the air. This typically affects a single snowball from a stream, so the Ice Flingomatic should still be able to put out fires.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An Ice Flingomatic throwing snowballs at two burning Drying Racks.