This page is about different kinds of Meats. For the item itself, see Meat.
There are 15 basic Meat food items in-game (16 in Reign of Giants, 22 in Shipwrecked), some of them with respective cooked and dried versions. Most meats are dropped by Mobs as loot, and fish can also be obtained from Ponds with a Fishing Rod. If a mob died from burning, cooked variant of meat will be dropped instead (if available). Mobs such as Pigs, Spiders or Hounds will eat any form of dropped meat on the ground, including Pig Skins.
Additionally, Bunnymen will be aggressive towards a player if they have any item on this list.
Many of the meats can be dried on a Drying Rack, resulting in Jerky, a much longer-lasting food item with different Hunger, Sanity, and Health bonuses. Some of the meats can be used in Crock Pot recipes. An Egg is counted as an egg in a Crock Pot, and as meat elsewhere. Fishes are counted as both fish and meat in a Crock Pot, and as meat elsewhere.
- There are 11 Crock Pot recipes that utilize meat (13 in Reign of Giants, 15 in Shipwrecked).
- Meats (except for raw ) in any state of spoilage can be given to the bird in a Birdcage to produce a fresh .
- Meats can be given to Pigs to befriend them. If the Pig eats four of any of the health damaging monster foods, it will turn into a Werepig.
- Meats except for and can be given to the Pig King in exchange for Gold Nuggets
- Moleworms in the Reign of Giants DLC, can be used in the Crock Pot but do not count as Meat in any other action.
Meat Crock Pot Meals
|Bacon and Eggs||+20||+75||+5||20||40||10||×1.5 ×2.0||no|
|Froggle Bunwich||+20||+37.5||+5||15||40||1||×1 ×0.5|
|Honey Ham||+30||+75||+5||15||40||2||×2.0 ×1||no|
|Honey Nuggets||+20||+37.5||+5||15||40||2||×0.5 ×1||no|
|Kabobs||+3||+37.5||+5||15||40||5||×0.5 ×1||maximum ×1|
|Monster Tartare||+3||+37.5||+10||10||20||30||×2.0 x1.0 x1.0||Cooked in|
|Spicy Chili||+20||+37.5||0||10||10||10||×1.5 ×1.5|
|Surf 'n' Turf||+60||+37.5||+33||10||10||30||×2.5×1.5||no|
|Turkey Dinner||+20||+75||+5||6||60||10||×2 ×0.5 ( or ) ×0.5|