|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
Metal Potato Thing
See also: Wooden Potato Thing
The Metal Potato Thing is one of four Things used on the Wooden Thing to travel to the next world. It spawns naturally in every world in its own Set Piece. It is located near some Basic Farms, which are surrounded by some Grass and Twigs, a Shovel, and unpicked Carrots.
There are two version of it, one that spawns in Sandbox Mode and one in Adventure Mode, that differ from their color schemes. Player can craft a Divining Rod to help them track the Metal Potato Thing.
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- This part of the machine is found near a garden, and Wickerbottom claims it's neither fully organic nor inorganic, suggesting it may have been grown there (or someone tried to grow it).
- Wilson mentions that the metal potato contains great and fearful power.
- The Metal potato thing is actually a robotic Maxwell's head. Calling it a potato may just be making fun of the game's antagonist, though being near a farm make the potato similarities more obvious.
- The Metal potato thing is the reason the Wooden Thing, when fully constructed, is more commonly referred to as the 'Teleportato'.
- This may be a reference to the game Portal 2, in which deuteragonist Wheatley puts the antagonist GLaDOS into a potato battery. This is reinforced by WX-78's quote, seen above.
Gallery[edit | edit source]