|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Grants the wearer Smell-E-Vision."
|× 2 × 2 × 1|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
When worn, the player is able to see in the dark with a sort of negative filter. If the player wears the Moggles when there is light outside, their surroundings appear extremely bright. Unlike other light items, Moggles allow the player to see everything on the screen.
Moggles will last for one and a half days in total but can be recharged using Glow Berries, which will restore their durability by 33.25%, or Lesser Glow Berries, which will restore their durability by 6.25%.
Despite not being a light source in the conventional sense, wearing Moggles will protect players from Charlie.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Moggles are the only portable means of acquiring 100% visibility at night or underground.
- Moggles can be particularly useful when dealing with Cave Spiders and Spitters.
- They are especially handy when exploring the Ruins.
- Moggles will be destroyed if they reach 0% so the player should make sure to un-equip or refuel them before this happens.
- If the Moggles are used while the Night Hands are trying to snuff out fires, they will disappear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, the recipe for Moggles was 2 Moleworms, 2 Electrical Doodads, and 4 Silk. It could be repaired with a Sewing Kit instead of needing to be refuelled.
- Hovering over objects that can be examined or standing under a shaft of light in Caves while using the Moggles will make the objects appear in black and white.
- The word "Moggles" is a portmanteau of the words "Mole" and "Goggles".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally, the Moggles will not work underground. This can usually be fixed by exiting and re-entering the level they have ceased to function in.
- While equipping Moggles, the entire screen is considered illuminated by a light source. As a result, Spiders will panic while on screen. Night Sanity still decreases while wearing the Moggles.
- The game may crash when equipping Moggles found on the floor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Wilson wearing Moggles.
Willow wearing Moggles.
Wolfgang wearing Moggles.
Wendy wearing Moggles.
WX-78 wearing Moggles.
Wickerbottom wearing Moggles.
Woodie wearing Moggles.
Wes wearing Moggles.
Maxwell wearing Moggles.
Wigfrid wearing Moggles.
Webber wearing Moggles.