|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
Moon Caller's Staff
|Moon Caller's Staff|
|-20 per use|
|Spawns a Polar Star.|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Moon Caller's Staff is a Don't Starve Together exclusive Item, introduced in A New Reign. It acts similar to the Star Caller's Staff, with the difference of creating a Polar Light, that lasts 2 Days and cools the players down, as opposed to warming them like the Dwarf Star. If a Deconstruction Staff is used to break this staff, it will drop 4 Nightmare Fuel, 2 Living Logs and an Iridescent Gem.
Moon Caller's Staves do not have an actual crafting recipe. Instead, one must place a Star Caller's Staff on a Moon Stone during a Full Moon, after which it will immediately start turning into a Moon Caller's Staff, but also start spawning multiple Werepigs and Hounds that will automatically target the base and attempt to destroy it, in order to stop the progress.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A single Moon Caller's Staff can keep players cool through about 6 Summers at the cost of sanity. This, along with the fact that it's portable, makes the Moon Caller's staff a great asset to players during summer.
- The Moon Caller's Staff can be kept in the Moonstone for an infinite light and cooling aura, however it has to be protected each full moon.
- Building statues around the moonstone that prevent Werepigs and Hounds from getting to the center will protect it indefinitely. The ring of statues must be spaced out enough from the moonstone so that the enemies cannot attack through it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gem at the end of the staff appears to be an opal, having a white hue with a colorful tint. This is also indicated by the staff's spawn code.
- The Moon Caller's Staff was added in the A Little Fixer Upper update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Willow holding a Moon Caller's Staff.