"Morning light for a nighttime fight."
|× 1 × 2 × 2|
Does more damage to wet targets
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
Unlike most other weapons, the Morning Star does not lose durability when it strikes; instead, it loses durability constantly while held. It also emits light while equipped.
The Morning Star's base damage is 28.9, but since it is electrical, it gains a 1.5x modifier, bringing it to 43.35 damage. Additionally, if the target the player is attacking is wet (has a Wetness prefix), there will be an additional 1x modifier for a total of 2.5x. This means that the Morning Star can do either 43.35 or 72.25 damage (when used by characters with normal damage modifiers).
- Striking an uncharged Volt Goat with the Morning Star will charge it. This can be useful if the player is hunting for Electric Milk.
- Because of the wetness modifier, this weapon is most useful during Spring, due to the abundance of rain.
- In Don't Starve Together, this weapon can be used in conjunction with the Water balloons to make sure the enemies are wet, in order to deal more damage.
- The Morning Star has the largest radius of light of all equip-able items. But it is highly not recommended to be used as a light source, due to the supplies required to craft it.
- However, it can be useful as a weapon in dark places, if the player uses a lantern as their primary light source.
- In reality, morning stars are medieval spiked clubs resembling maces.