|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Morning light for a nighttime fight."
|× 1 × 2 × 2|
Does more damage to wet targets
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
Unlike most other weapons, the Morning Star does not lose durability when it strikes; instead, it loses durability constantly while held. It also emits light while equipped.
The Morning Star's base damage is 28.9, but since it is electrical, it gains a 1.5x modifier, bringing it to 43.35 damage. Additionally, if the target the player is attacking is wet (has a Wetness prefix), there will be an additional 1x modifier for a total of 2.5x. This means that the Morning Star can do either 43.35 or 72.25 damage (when used by characters with normal damage modifiers).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Striking an uncharged Volt Goat with the Morning Star will charge it. This can be useful if the player is hunting for Electric Milk.
- Because of the wetness modifier, this weapon is most useful during Spring, due to the abundance of rain.
- In Don't Starve Together, this weapon can be used in conjunction with the Water balloons to make sure the enemies are wet, in order to deal more damage.
- The Morning Star has the largest radius of light of all equip-able items. But it is highly not recommended to be used as a light source, due to the supplies required to craft it.
- However, it can be useful as a weapon in dark places, if the player uses a lantern as their primary light source.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In reality, morning stars are medieval spiked clubs resembling maces.
Gallery[edit | edit source]