As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
"Protects your body, but not your mind."
|× 5 × 3|
|750 hp (525 hp )|
|Absorbs 95% of physical damage|
Decreases sanity by 10% of total damage taken
Stacks up to
|Does not Stack|
The Night Armor is a wearable Magic Armor, often paired up with a Dark Sword. It requires 5 Nightmare Fuel and 3 Papyrus to craft and a Shadow Manipulator to prototype. It is one of Maxwell's starting items.
It has 750 durability and absorbs 95% of physical damage. The Night Armor drains Sanity by 10/min while worn and decreases Sanity by 10% of total damage taken (not only absorbed by the armor).
Example: If a player wearing Night Armor is hit by a Spider Queen (damage 80), then
- 80 × 0.95 = 76 damage is taken by Night Armor.
- 80 − 76 = 4 damage is taken by the player's .
- The player's will be decreased by 80 × 0.1 = 8.
- It is useful to also equip a head-slot item with a sanity boost such as the Tam o' Shanter, helping to offset the sanity drain while still having very high physical protection.
- The Night Armour was added in the Insanity update.
- When paired with the Shelmet or the Thulecite Crown, the player is able to absorb 99.5% of incoming damage, enough to survive a Gunpowder explosion and take just 1 point of damage to Health and 20 to Sanity.
- Wickerbottom states the armor transfers the damage into another dimension.
- The Night Armor makes a "warping" noise when the player moves while wearing it.