|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
They appear at random times on the screen instead of a normal Parrot and instead of leaving Seeds behind like normal Birds do, they instead leave behind 1 Dubloon when they fly away. When around the player, they will taunt the player. Parrot Pirates have a small sanity aura, restoring 25 sanity per minute. Like other birds, Parrot Pirates are attracted to seeds, and they can be captured using a Bird Trap or low damage ranged attacks.
When picked up they cannot be murdered for a Morsel or a Feather, however they can be cooked over fire to obtain a cooked Morsel. They can be imprisoned in a Bird Cage, and like normal Birds, they produce Eggs for giving them Meats, and seeds for giving them Fruits or Vegetables. While being carried in the inventory, they will comment on player actions, much like Lucy the Axe does. They will not speak when they are in a bird cage, however.
Names[edit | edit source]
Random names are given to Parrot Pirates. They will carry their names if caught and in the player's inventory.
Possible Parrot Pirate names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
In the player's inventory
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Blackbeard" is a reference to the infamous pirate in history.
- "Crackers" may be a reference to the phrase 'Polly wants a cracker'.
- "Dan Van 3000" seems to be a reference to the Canadian music band Bran Van 3000.
- "Donny Jepp" is an obvious reference to Johnny Depp, as an allusion to his character Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of The Carribeans films.
- "Jean Claud Van Dan" is most likely a reference to the Belgian Actor Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- The name "Pollygon" is a portmanteau of the stereotype parrot name Polly and Polygon.
- "Scurvy" is a reference to a disease gained while at sea, which occurs due to a lack of vitamin C.
- "Reginald VelJohnson" is a reference to the actor of the same name.
- The name "Van Dader" is a possible reference to Darth Vader.
- The name "Lightoller" is referencing a survivor of the Titanic, Charles Lightoller.
- "Boxhall" also references a survivor of the Titanic.
- The name "Iago" is a reference to the Shakespearean play, Othello, or to the character Iago, a parrot in the animated movie Aladdin.
- The name Long John is a reference to Long John Silver, the main villain of the adventure novel Treasure Island.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the player quits the game when it is caged, loads the game again, and then harvests the birdcage, it is possible to receive a normal Parrot instead.