"Amplify the magical power of your top hat."
|× 4 × 4 × 1|
|Unlock additional crafting recipes|
The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine to prototype, and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
See also: Crafting
The Prestihatitator has a 10% chance of spawning a Rabbit when used to prototype a new recipe.
- As with any other recipe that requires limited use items, any durability Top Hat can be used when crafting a Prestihatitator. And when it is hammered, a full durability Top hat will be returned.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator spawning Rabbits is a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a more costly recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nuggets and a Top Hat.
- There is a bug in which even if the player has the required crafting materials, the Prestihatitator will remain uncraftable.[Verification Needed]
A burnt Prestihatitator from Reign of Giants DLC.