|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Amplify the magical power of your top hat."
|× 4 × 4 × 1|
|Unlock additional crafting recipes|
The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine to prototype, and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
See also: Crafting
The Prestihatitator has a 10% chance of spawning a Rabbit when used to prototype a new recipe.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with any other recipe that requires limited use items, any durability Top Hat can be used when crafting a Prestihatitator. And when it is hammered, a full durability Top hat will be returned.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator spawning Rabbits is a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a more costly recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nuggets and a Top Hat.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There is a bug in which even if the player has the required crafting materials, the Prestihatitator will remain uncraftable.[Verification Needed]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A burnt Prestihatitator from Reign of Giants DLC.