|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Houses a giant rabbit and all his stuff."
|× 4 × 10 × 4|
Rabbit Hutches are naturally spawning Structures and craftable structures. They will spawn a lone Bunnyman, which will respawn from the hutch after 1 day if killed. Rabbit Hutches only spawn naturally in Caves in blue mushtree forest biome. It is possible for the houses to spawn individually, in small randomly spaced groups, or in a large circle around a patch of grass and a Pitchfork. Although they look like carrots, several characters comment that they are not, though it takes carrots to craft them.
Like Pig Houses, all Rabbit Hutches, whether made by the player or naturally spawned, can be destroyed with a Hammer or Deconstruction Staff to gain 50% or 100% of the materials required to make it, respectively.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The characteristics of a Rabbit Hutch are believed to be similar to a Pig House, except that it spawns a Bunnyman after a day instead of a Pig after four days. In the overworld, Bunnymen will only come out of their houses at dusk. They go home during the day, so having Pig Houses and Rabbit Hutches close to each other is not a problem unless there's a Full Moon and the Pigs become Werepigs.
Farming[edit | edit source]
A player can farm Bunnymen using Houndius Shootius and Walls. First, the player must build a Houndius Shootius and then build Rabbit Hutches to surround it. Next, build some walls around the Houndius Shootius to prevent Bunnymen from attacking it. Lastly, build walls around the rabbit hutches to lower the distance the Bunnymen can run away. If the player wishes to use the farm, stay around until Dusk, or Night and command the Houndius Shootius to shoot the Bunnymen. If done right, this will result in lots of carrots, some meat, and some bunny puffs.
If there is a group of Bunnymen (at least 3), one can befriend a Bunnyman using a Carrot. Next, the player can perform a "incomplete attack" on a Bunnyman that is not the one befriended. This will result in the said Bunnyman being targetted by all Bunnymen, even if you did not befriend the other Bunnymen. Sometimes, this may result in a chain reaction, making the Bunnymen die as soon as they kill, eventually going on until only a few are left.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Both Spiders and Bunnymen come out during dusk, so a few hutches placed together with a Spider Den creates a Spider farm. Since Bunnymen are vegetarians, they won't eat the Monster Meat the Spiders will drop, unlike Pigs. The player can just walk by in the morning, or every few days, to collect the loot. Walling in the area is ideal to ensure the two parties do not wander off from each other, and it prevents other monsters from coming into the area and stealing loot.
- With normal hunger modificators (75 hunger ) you only need two rabbits hutch and kill the bunnyman everyday for infinite food survival resources (ever and when you pick carrots before another abunnymen eat)in high sanity
- With two hutch you can make easily a meat effige in high sanity get meat with low sanity get beard hair
- If the player decides to build Rabbit Hutches, it is recommended to place them a decent distance away from the camp so that if the player is carrying meat items, a wandering Bunnyman will be too far to notice to become aggressive.
- Rabbit Hutches can be deconstructed for resources if the player is desperate for Boards, Bunny Puffs, or Carrots.
Gallery[edit | edit source]