|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Shave off your dirty beatnik beard."
|× 2 × 2|
|Has no durability|
|Shave your beard and beefalos|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Razor is a craftable Tool Item found in the Tools Tab. It requires 2 Twigs and 2 Flints to craft, and a Science Machine to prototype. Unlike other Tools, it cannot be equipped. and to be used it has to be lifted and used on a target instead. Players using a Controller have to simply be near a shaveable entity for the "Shave" prompt to appear. Since it has no durability, the Razor has infinite uses.
The Razor can be used to shave Wilson's Beard, which provides leftover Beard Hair. To shave the Beard, simply right-click the Razor while it's in the inventory. The amount of Beard Hair received depends on the beard's length. The Razor can also be used to shave Beefalos while they are sleeping (whether at night or when put to sleep using Sleep Darts, Amulets, or Pan Flutes), resulting in 3 Beefalo Wool. The Beefalo will not wake up after being shaved, but Beefalo in heat will sometimes wake up and attack.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Razor to acquire Beefalo Wool is more efficient than killing Beefalo outright since the Wool will eventually regrow allowing players to shave the same Beefalo again for more Wool.
- If players need to kill a Beefalo anyway, it is advised to shave them first for some Wool, since even when shaved, Beefalo will still drop Beefalo Wool on death.
- Wearing a Beefalo Hat prevents Beefalo in heat from attacking the Character when they're shaving them.
- A good tip is to not shave a Beard until the first Winter is over, as the Beard (unlike Clothes) will not wear out, providing insulation as long as the player doesn't shave.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though other Characters have facial hair, they are unable to shave. When examining the Razor, they will bring up an excuse for not doing it. For instance, Woodie says that "A true lumberjack never shaves."
Gallery[edit | edit source]