|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
|Berries / Roasted Berries|
|6 Days||3 Days|
Stacks up to
Roasted Berries are made by cooking Berries over any fire. They restore 1 and 12.5 . Roasted Berries spoil twice as fast as regular Berries. Therefore, one shouldn't cook all berries at once (unless rotting), and instead, cook only the amount that will be eaten.
Both Berries and Roasted Berries can be used as ingredients in the Crock Pot, and count as half Fruit value.
Reign of Giants[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
|Filler can't be Meats, Eggs, or Dairy|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Berries are excellent filler ingredients for recipes in the Crock Pot since they do not produce many dishes on their own.
- Berry Bushes are very common in Grasslands making Berries a good source of food at the beginning of the game.
- Berries will not regrow after picking the Berry Bush during Winter.
- Gobblers will eat Berries from Berry Bushes that have not yet been picked during the day time(or anywhere else they can find them).
- Berries can be used as bait in Traps to catch Rabbits.
- Manure can be farmed by leaving large stacks of Berries near Pig Houses. The Pigs will eat the Berries over time and turn it into Manure.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wickerbottom states that berries are from Ardisia crenata plant. These berries, while unconfirmed, are suspected to be poisonous.
- The Berries may be more specifically based on Redcurrants based on their close proximity to each other on their stem and their edibility.