|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
"Armor with a fiery temper."
|× 1 × 1 × 3|
|Absorbs 70% of physical damage|
Grants immunity to fire damage
Restores sanity over time
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Wearing the Scalemail to regain Sanity will not decrease its durability unlike Dress items, allowing infinite Sanity regeneration as long as the wearer stays out of a combat-heavy situation.
- Its fire immunity makes it ideal for fighting the Dragonfly, making the second encounter with the giant much easier than the first.
- Care should be taken when fighting regular Mobs. When they are set on fire by the armor, they can spread fire to nearby Structures and plants, possibly harming the player's resources.
- As this is difficult to obtain and cannot be repaired, one should always wear a Football Helmet or better head armor with it in combat, so as to avoid it losing too much durability. Also, the head armor should be equipped last. This will cause the head armor to take most of the damage, with the armor taking much less.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With the introduction of the Scalemail, Willow is no longer the only character that can be immune to fire damage.
- The Scalemail used to have the same stats as the Thulecite Suit and wasn't able to set Mobs on fire.
Gallery[edit | edit source]