|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
|-25/min (increases with each coin collected)|
|Test your luck!|
|Can't Be Destroyed|
Players can spend a Dubloon into the Slot Machine to get a random outcome. After the Dubloon is spent, the slots will spin for a moment, then stop in one of the 3 possible configurations. All configurations, good or bad, spawn a number of Items or Mobs. It is not possible to spend a Dubloon and not get anything back in return. In addition to the Dubloon spent, each spin costs 5 Sanity. Each Dubloon collected by the machine permanently increases its sanity drain aura, approximately by -5/min for each 20 Dubloons spent.
Slot Machine cannot be destroyed, however it will not function while flooded.
Outcomes[edit | edit source]
| (33.3% chance to roll)
Mobs will be spawned.
| (50% chance to roll)
A selection of basic items will be thrown out.
|, x2, x2||x3|
|x3, x1||x3, x1|
|x5, x1, x1, x1||, x3, x3|
|x5||x1, x1, x1|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Webber will not be attacked by the Spiders spawned by Three Skulls outcome.
- With the possibility of rare loot as an outcome on the Slot Machine, anything from the Slot Machine can be considered renewable in the Shipwrecked DLC, at the expense of Sanity. Dubloons are dropped randomly by Parrot Pirates, up to once per day from a Booty Bag, or given by the Yaarctopus in exchange for fish, which can be farmed indefinitely.
- During Monsoon Season, the Slot Machine may get flooded by a pool of water, making it unusable until the water disappears. This can be avoided by placing Sandbags around it.
- It is recommended to be armored while gambling at the slot machine. The Seashell Suit or the Horned Helmet are particularly good for this, since there's a chance to get poisonous snakes or mosquitoes. An alternative is carrying Anti Venom along with an armor of the player's choice.
- Because there's a chance to get Prime Apes as well, It can be handy to have an item that can stop them and keep them still and in-check, such as an Ice Staff, a Sleep Dart or a Pan Flute to prevent them from stealing any items nearby.
- The Slot Machine makes the following items renewable in Shipwrecked: Berry Bushes, Bamboo Patches, Fireflies, Marble Suits, Walking Canes, Life Giving Amulets, and Magiluminescence.
- Elephant Cacti planted next to the slot machine will kill any mobs that spawn. Wearing Cactus Armor while gambling will protect the player from AoE damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fact that the Slot Machine drains the player's sanity, and the insanity aura increases with each use, may be a reference to pathological gambling, a psychological condition which consist in the addiction to gamble, and how it gets harder and harder to stop to the point that it becomes an addiction; the more the player bets in the slot machine, the longer the player stays, and the more insane the character gets.