As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Expels poisonous gas|
Stink Rays are hostile Mobs found in Shipwrecked DLC that can spawn while out in the sea. They will first be found submerged as a shadow in the shape of a stingray and will surface when a player comes close to the Stink Ray. Once surfaced, the Stink Ray will alert other nearby Stink Rays and follow the player to an extent along with the other Stink Rays.
They can expel a poisonous gas at the player, causing them to be poisoned. The poison may be reversed with the use of an Anti Venom. They have no attack aside from the poisonous gas. They can drop either a Venom Gland or Monster Meat.
Each Stink Ray pod can have up to 6 Stink Rays. They respawn after 60 seconds when killed. Stink Rays will start spawning after 5 to 10 days of creation of a new world.
Below is the number of hits it takes with each weapon to kill a Stink Ray when playing with characters with a default damage modifier. The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile.
- Compared to other poisonous creatures stink rays have a very high drop rate of poison glands, an essential ingredient in Anti Venom.
- Wearing a Particulate Purifier will prevent the player from being poisoned by the Stink Ray.
- Due to their low damage and health, Stink Rays are a good way to obtain Venom Glands for Anti Venom when the player character is already poisoned.
- If the player is playing as WX-78, Stink Rays can be very useful for them to hunt. WX-78 is immune to poison, so they cannot damage it, and killing them can potentially spawn Floaty Boaty Knights which drop gears.
- "Stink Ray" is a portmanteau of the words "Stink", and "Stingray".
- The Stink Rays seem to have the tail and pattern of a skunk, an animal famous for its ability to squirt a foul smelling liquid in self-defense.
- The Stink Rays used to have both a melee poisonous attack and a gas attack. This was removed in the "Seas The Day" update.
- Stink Rays have a mouth on their underbelly, shown in an animated segment of the Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Launch Trailer.
- The mouth can also be seen when they attack, come out of the water, or die.