|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
This is a page for a structure that's in the game. For the unimplemented object, see Sunk Boat.
The Sunken Boat is a structure that is generated next to the ocean, and Flotsam can be found in the nearby water. A parrot named Wolly sits atop the boat, and the Flotsam can be snagged with a Fishing Rod to collect various resources and trinkets.
Usage[edit | edit source]
A Sunken Boat takes four hits of a Hammer to be destroyed, and will drop three Gold Nuggets, three Boards, a Blue Gem, a Red Gem, and a Sea Worther. Wolly will fly away from the boat if it is struck with a Hammer.
Wolly will accept a Trinket or any raw/cooked meat as a gift, and give a Crimson Feather as well as a random number of either Flint, Gold Nuggets, or Dark Petals. Wolly will not accept raw or cooked Monster Meat, but will accept Monster Jerky. When given an Old Boot, Sea Worther, Sextant, Soaked Candle or Toy Boat (all of which can be found in Flotsam), Wolly will tell a piece from of one of Wolly's Riddles in addition to dropping loot. After trading, Wolly will fly away from the Sunken Boat and return after one game day. His return depends on the proximity of the player. If Wolly flew away and has not returned, spending a day or two a few screens away from the Sunken Boat will cause him to return. Wolly cannot be found during winter. He will leave the boat and return when spring starts.
|Image||Item||Trade with Wolly|
|Sextant||x2 + x1|
|Toy Boat||x2 + x1|
|Soaked Candle||x7 + x1|
|Sea Worther||x1 + x1|
|Old Boot||x4 + x1|
|Melty Marbles||//x4 + x1|
|Fake Kazoo||//x6 + x1|
|Gord's Knot||//x4 + x1|
|Gnome||//x5 + x1|
|Tiny Rocketship||//x4 + x1|
|Frazzled Wires||//x5 + x1|
|Ball and Cup||//x4 + x1|
|Hardened Rubber Bung||//x8 + x1|
|Mismatched Buttons||//x7 + x1|
|Second-hand Dentures||//x2 + x1|
|Lying Robot||//x5 + x1|
|Dessicated Tentacle||//x8 + x1|
|Meats||//x1 + x1|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sunken Boat was added in the July 30th, 2015 update, and accompanied Klei's official announcement of the Shipwrecked DLC, to be released in Fall 2015.
- Attempting to feed Wolly foods he doesn't want (Monster Meat, Eggs, Fruit, Vegetables e.g.) will result in him shouting phrases such as "Land Lubber!", "Squack!" and "Wolly does NOT want THAT!"
- Wolly is a red-and-green macaw.
- The name "Wolly" is a reference to the trope of naming a parrot Polly, with the typical Don't Starve naming convention of W. It is also a homophone of the male name "Wally."
- The Sunken Boat started dropping the Sea Worther when hammered after the Wilbur vs the Volcano Shipwrecked DLC update. It's used to craft the Seaworthy in linked vanilla or Reign of Giants DLC and Shipwrecked games.