As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|37.5 (peck: 2)|
|2 (peck: 4)|
|Slowly grows into a|
Like Smallbirds, Smallish Tallbirds will follow the player from a distance, and they will also attack the player's targets or enemies that are nearby. They are considered innocent creatures and killing one adds 6 points to the player's naughtiness level. If the player is wearing a Spiderhat, the Smallish Tallbird will attack the player until the hat is removed.
Smallish Tallbirds require 60 hunger points per day and will begin to chirp more and more until fed. When starving, they will attack the player (2 damage per hit), and will die after 8 game hours (4 minutes) if not fed. Eating anything heals 1/3 of their maximum health. They will eat any Meat, Fruit or Vegetable, including Glow Berries, Rotten Eggs, and Rot. Smallish Tallbirds will eat food left on the ground.
Smallish Tallbirds cannot be stun-locked, but can be kited. There is only a short interval between their attacks. The safe method is to dodge its attack, attack it once, then dodge again. It's possible to attack twice and run out of its pecking range after it scratches the ground.
Smallish Tallbirds can be put to sleep with Sleep Dart or Pan Flute. They can also be set on fire using Fire Dart or a Fire Staff, causing it to panic. Usually, the fire will go out before doing enough damage to kill the bird. Note that they can spread fire to their nests, which will permanently stop it from respawning.
Below is the number of hits it takes (with a default damage modifier) to kill a Smallish Tallbird (The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile).
|No. of hits for
||71||23||18||12||10||9||8||6-11||5 or 7||6||6||5||5||3||3||1||1|
- If a Smallish Tallbird eats a damaging food item, it will still regain the health it lost.
- A Smallish Tallbird may stop following the player if it can't reach targeted food on the ground and the player moves out of range (this may also happen from eating too much rot - not being fed directly by the player).
- If a Smallish Tallbird stops following the player, it will keep distance and won't accept food directly, only if it is on the ground.
- Feeding a Smallbird/Smallish Tallbird during the growing animation may cancel the animation process. Relogging will fix the issue.
- Teenbirds may aggro on allied chess pieces.