|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
Tam o' Shanter
|Tam o' Shanter|
|Restores sanity over time|
Delays freezing during Winter
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Tam o' Shanter restores 6.7 Sanity per minute while worn, making it the most civilized of all hats, and as such, the best for restoring Sanity. It is enough to cancel out the Sanity drop of heavy rain or the night, even when playing as Wolfgang.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tam o' Shanter was added in the A Winter's Tale update.
- A Tam o' Shanter, often abbreviated T.O.S. or Tam, is a nineteenth-century Scottish traditional bonnet worn by men.
- Webber says that it reminds him of his grandfather, which may mean that he is a Scottish descendant, or at least British.
- Because of MacTusk's death animation, when the Shanter drops, the player will actually see two of them drop from the walrus. One is the item that the player can pick while the other is part of the animation and will disappear with MacTusk.
- The Tam o' Shanter is the most dapper piece of clothing in Don't Starve. The second most dapper item in the base game is the Hibearnation Vest, with a sanity gain of 4.4/min.
- In addition to having the highest sanity gain and being a tier 2 insulation item, it lasts the longest out of every clothing item in the base game, with a maximum lifetime of 25 days.
Gallery[edit | edit source]