"Track the flow of ambient magic levels."
|× 2 × 2|
|Gauges current magical intensity of the Ruins|
Stacks up to
|Does not stack|
The Thulecite Medallion is an Ancient item. It requires 2 Nightmare Fuel, 2 Thulecite, and a Broken Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. Like all items from the Ancient Tab, the Thulecite Medallion cannot be prototyped and Characters need to be near a Broken Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft it again.
- Calm Phase - The medallion will be tan.
- Warning Phase - The medallion will be tan with red accents.
- Nightmare Phase - The medallion will glow red. Nightmare Lights will spawn Shadow Creatures in this phase.
Examining the item at this time will provide further details regarding the current state of magical flux:
- becoming more magical - start of the Nightmare Phase.
- staying steady - middle of the Nightmare Phase.
- becoming less magical - end of the Nightmare Phase.
When outside the Ruins (including in the Caves), it will remain a constant red, with the character noting it's not working when it's examined.
With the Shipwrecked DLC the medallion can be crafted while wearing a Brain of Thought, even when the player is not near an Ancient Pseudoscience Station. However, this requires the player to be in Reign of Giants or base game world that is linked to a Shipwrecked worlds using the Seaworthy. In the Shipwrecked world, Brain of Thought will enable Volcanic Tab recipes instead.
In Don't Starve Together, the medallion can be found in Cave Holes which can be picked up by The Lazy Forager. It will also reveal where the Ancient Key is on the map at all times as long as it’s in the inventory.