|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
A Tumbleweed is a form of flora found in the Reign of Giants DLC. They spawn from an invisible spawner in the Desert biome and can be found tumbling around, often in groups; they may also tumble from a Desert into nearby biomes. Catcoons can also spit up Tumbleweeds. When the player is near a Tumbleweed, it will make a musical sound.
The player can harvest a Tumbleweed to get 3 random items generated on the ground. If the generated item is a non-passive Mob, it will attack the player character. Each item is generated independently, therefore it is possible to get more than one of an item from a single Tumbleweed. Possible items include Gems and other previously non-renewable items, making them renewable. Food items gathered from Tumbleweed have full freshness.
The following table lists the items that can be generated when a Tumbleweed has been harvested:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended for players to have a weapon prepared when harvesting large amounts of Tumbleweeds as hostile Mobs can spawn on occasion.
- Tumbleweeds can catch on fire if they touch unprotected fires, or spontaneously during Summer like other flammable objects. Burning Tumbleweeds will continue to roll with the same speed, and can ignite anything they come in contact with. Players should make sure their bases or structures are protected by not creating unprotected fires (like Campfires) where Tumbleweeds can spawn. Protected fires, such as a Firepit will not ignite nearby flammable objects.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tumbleweeds used to be a possible source of Fireflies. #103865 revision patch removed this functionality.
- The speed at which Tumbleweeds hop around is relative to the player's current movement speed. This can easily be seen if the player uses console commands to increase their speed.
- Although Tumbleweeds appear to be blown by wind, two nearby Tumbleweeds will not always be blown in the same direction.
- Musical sound made by the Tumbleweeds is reminiscent of piano tunes in Western movies.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When running against a tumbleweed next to an edge of water the tumbleweed can be pushed off and start moving normally as if it was still on land.