|Don't Starve Wiki has recently moved onto the Gamepedia network. Existing editors will need to create or use an existing Curse account and submit their usernames for merging contribution history. Once you have registered a new account through Gamepedia and logged into the wiki, you can use this form to submit your info to be merged. Learn more about the move and the merge process here.|
Broken Bits and Pieces[edit | edit source]
Broken Bits and Pieces are minable objects found in the Ruins. They can be spawned into the game using the spawn code "rubble". When mined, they drop Rocks and Cut Stone, with a small chance of dropping additional Frazzled Wires, Gears, Gems , Nightmare Fuel or Thulecite.
Fat[edit | edit source]
Fat is a Food category which only contains Butter. It does not exist within the game, but is listed as a value in the cooking.lua files. In the Shipwrecked DLC, Coconuts were also added to this category.
Friend-o-matic[edit | edit source]
The Friend-o-matic is a structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together that can be spawned via console and has artwork in the files. Character examination quotes suggest it was intended as a mechanism for players to teleport near each other. Its spawn code is "migration_portal". A structure with a similar function, The Lazy Deserter, was added in A New Reign.
Lava Pit[edit | edit source]
A Lava Pit is a naturally spawning object in the Caves looking identical to Nightmare Lights, except for being colorless. It used to be accessible using the spawn code "lavapit", but has since been removed from the game. When destroyed with a Hammer, the Lava Pit would emit light and start to slowly rebuild itself. Once it had rebuilt itself completely, it would no longer act as a light source.
Maxwell's Head[edit | edit source]
Maxwell's Head is an unimplemented feature. Upon being spawned via the console, Maxwell's Head will say, "You forgot to set a speech", and then, "Go do it.", using Maxwell's speech sound files. Its spawn code is "maxwellhead".
Maxwell's Mosquito Trap[edit | edit source]
Maxwell's Mosquito Trap is an unimplemented item that acts in the same way as the Bee Mine, but spawns Mosquitoes instead of Bees and cannot be picked up. It is activated when the player or another mob steps on it, causing the spawned Mosquitoes to attack them. Like Maxwell's Tooth Trap, it was meant to only emerge in Adventure Mode. Its spawn code is "beemine_maxwell".
Player Skulls[edit | edit source]
Player Skulls are items with artwork in the files.
- The majority of the Characters have skulls. Some of the Unimplemented Characters do as well.
- Skulls will not be implemented, as they are only in the game files due to being part of the unlock system in the unreleased game. However, Webber's Skull was added in the Reign of Giants DLC.
Poison Frog[edit | edit source]
The Poison Frog is an unimplemented Mob in the Shipwrecked DLC, that can be spawned into the game using the spawn code "frog_poison". Poison Frogs are fully functional, able to Poison the player and other mobs by attacking them, and have their own texture.
Shopkeeper[edit | edit source]
The Shopkeeper is an unimplemented feature that can be spawned using the console, and was probably intended to be a rare Set Piece. Clicking on the Shop Keeper will result in crashing the game. Its spawncode is "basic_shop", however, it was removed in the Reign of Giants DLC. There are textures for several different shops in the game files.
Skull Chest[edit | edit source]
The Skull Chest is a structure that can be spawned via console and has artwork in the files. It is functionally identical to the Chest, except Krampus cannot steal from it. It also appears in the mod called Lost Fragment, a mod made by the developers which was part of the William Carter Puzzles.
Slipstor[edit | edit source]
The Slipstor or Slip is an unimplemented Mob exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. There are several artworks and animations showing that it was supposed to transform into a bigger/smaller version of itself.
Sunk Boat[edit | edit source]
Target Dummy[edit | edit source]
The Target Dummy is a structure in Don't Starve Together that can be spawned via console and has artwork in the files. It is an immortal mob that shows the damage dealt by the player when hit. It shares its artwork with the Meat Effigy.
Tree Clump[edit | edit source]
The Tree Clump is an object that can be spawned via console and has artwork in the files. It can not be moved or destroyed and blocks any character from moving past it. Oddly enough, the clump can be seen in the Don't Starve Klei Mod The Screecher.
Unimplemented Items[edit | edit source]
- The Bag is an item with artwork in the files. It was probably replaced by the Backpack.
- The Bucket is an item with artwork in the files. A picture shows that Buckets were meant to be worn on the player's head. The texture was eventually used for the Bucket-o-poop.
- There are inventory icons for dug up Cacti in the game files.
- Clothes is an item with artwork in the files. A similar item, Cloth, was added in the Shipwrecked DLC.
- Flour is an item with artwork in the files. It may be related to another unimplemented object, Wheat.
- Phonograph Parts are items found in the game files. They can be spawned in via the console, but cannot be picked up or examined. Their spawn codes are "phonograph_gears", "phonograph_crank", "phonograph_cane" and "phonograph_box".
- Records are items with artwork in the files. They may be related to the Phonograph object, found in the Epilogue of Adventure Mode.
- The Scarecrow is an item/structure with artwork in the files. A similar structure, the Friendly Scarecrow, was added to Don't Starve Together in A New Reign.
- The Snowball is an item with artwork in the files. It may be related to an unimplemented mob, the Snowman. Also, the Ice Flingomatic included in the Reign of Giants DLC throws snowballs.
- The Stopwatch is an item with artwork in the files. It looks similar to the Compass.
- Truffles are an item with artwork in the files. In the original concept, things would be bought from Pigs with Truffles.
- There were inventory icons for a Bonesaw, an Orphan Cap, a Parchment and Stem Cells' added to the game files of Don't Starve Together, but were since removed.
Unused Textures[edit | edit source]
- The Door is a structure with artwork in the files. Artworks for Moon Rock doors were added in the files of Don't Starve Together, while a similar structure, the Wood Gate, was added in A New Reign.
- Keys and Locks are unused textures in the game files of Don't Starve Together.
- There are textures for unbuilt and destroyed Pig Houses in the game files.
- The Snowman is an unimplemented mob that was supposed to spawn during Winter. Its texture sheet exists in the files.
- The Tesla Tree used to be in development for the Reign of Giants DLC. Currently, it only exists in the game files as an unassembled TEX file.
- Wheat is an item/object encountered in the game files.
Skins Concepts[edit | edit source]
The following character portraits show Skins concepts that were found in the game files of Don't Starve Together and have not been implemented yet.
The following Skins concepts were revealed during several of Klei Entertainment's weekly Rhymes with Play Twitch broadcast in 2015 and 2016. However, these skins have not been implemented into Don't Starve Together yet.